Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: about kalima  (Read 1450 times)
samina

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2012, 11:33:08 PM »

Assalamualikum,
                             This is samina ,
                             Needs one clarification about kalima,
Is it enough if we teach our kid,only shahada as kalima else is it necessary to teach all the five kalimas.
                                                                          jazakalla qair.
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 04:10:03 PM »

The question was asked to one of the shykh about origin and significance of the Kalimas and he replied

"I don't know ...

In what I have seen, you will only find special care for these words exclusive to the Indian subcontinent, as I am unaware of these statements collectively being given any special virtue (that deserves giving them a special name anywhere else i.e. the 6 Kalimas of Islam, neither did I come across them together in any of the early books of Islam, or even later ones outside the Indian subcontinent.

In any case, I came across this fatwa from islamqa which touches on this a little (Links: Ar Ur), and Allah knows best.

Quote:
اسی طرح "چھ کلموں" - کلمہ طیبہ، کلمہ شہادت، کلمہ رد کفر، کلمہ تمجید، کلمہ توحید -کے بارے میں کوئی ظاہری طور پر غلطی یا خطاء نظر نہیں آتی،ہمیں ان کلمات کو جمع کرنے اور انکے ناموں کے بارے میں بھی کچھ پتہ نہیں چل سکا، ایسے ہی اس بات کی تاریخی حیثیت کے بارے میں بھی ہمیں علم نہیں ہے، اور نہ ہی مذکورہ کتاب کے بارے میں کچھ معلومات حاصل ہوسکی ہیں۔

"

Therefore it is best to encourage children to learn known Duas of the Prophet SalAlahuAlahay wasalm, such as duas of morning and evening, duas of before and after eating, entering or leaving home etc.

It is essential that for any good deed to be acceptable, it has to be not only for the sake of Allah alone but it also has to be according to the Sunnah of the Prophet SalAlahuAlahay wasalm.

Aslamualaikum
BarakAllah feekum
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:18:57 PM by mabdullah » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: