Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: women steriliazation  (Read 4068 times)
viqaruddin

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2012, 12:53:30 AM »

Assalam alikum wa wb
hope evry1z fine by Allah's grace n mercy
i actually came across a website, im confused after going through sme of the Q&A present in it ...so cud any1 of u pls thrw sme light on the below mentioned matter
Question:
What is the Islamic position on the question of sterilisation of a women after bearing say 4 children shukran
Answer:
Dear Sr. A. As-Salaamu Alaykum. We should first know that the purpose of marriage in Islamic Law is to fulfill the sexual needs in a legal manner and to continue the human progeny at the same time so that people can always know and worship God. Therefore, any attempt to change the purpose of marriage is not allowed, and that's why when people do an operation to permanently not be able to conceive children (such as male or female sterilization), their act is considered Haram, unless there is a necessary health reason for the operation. Having many children is something encouraged in Islam to propagate the religion. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said to the Muslims: 'Get married, have children, for I'll be proud of you on the Day of Judgement in front of (all) the people'. However, to control the number of children for economic or health reasons, especially after having had children, is allowed. Temporary birth control is therefore allowed if there is the intention to have children, or, if the couple already has children. Of course, humans are judged according to their intentions. If however, there is no health or economic excuse to retard pregnancy, then birth control is considered Makrooh (discouraged) but it is not Haram. As you know, there are many effective options beside sterilization such as Birth Control Pills (hormonal method 97-99% effectiveness), Norplant (99%), Depo-Provera (99%), Barriers (male and female condoms, diaphragm or cervial caps, spermicides) (range between 79-97% effectiveness), IUDs (Intrauterine devices (98-99%), and natural methods (fertility awareness and withdrawal - 50-99%). Also, every day there are newer and safer methods being developed. The choice of the birth control method should be evaluated with a doctor to see the most appropriate with the least side effect for the couples. Thank you for asking and God knows best.

The final & the most important journey of a man begins with his One leg wrapped to the other leg (in the death shroud) {waltafatul saaqu bil saaq}...the only thing that takes him forward to the blissfull destination are his GOOD DEEDS.....are we ready for it?
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

وعليكم السللام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Dear brother

Is this something concering yourself and your family that you are looking for Fatwa on women sterilisation ?
viqaruddin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 01:34:50 AM »

Assalam alikum wa wb
No brother but i actually ws sort of shocked 2 c rep tat guy gt frm d sheikh...cos al throug the life v hav been taught tat its a grave sin 2 kill children by abortion n other means(except in sme un avoidable circumstance)...n i belive even the above mentioned things in the quetsion too fall in this category...so i ws kinda looking 4 a cross check so tat i stop visitng that site if the answer given by the sheikh proves 2 b wrng

hope u gt wat i wanna say
jazak allah khair
tc stay blessed
asak

The final & the most important journey of a man begins with his One leg wrapped to the other leg (in the death shroud) {waltafatul saaqu bil saaq}...the only thing that takes him forward to the blissfull destination are his GOOD DEEDS.....are we ready for it?
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 02:33:07 AM »

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

If you are in need of some information regarding Islamic ruling you should look for some authentic Islamic source. It is better to avoid web sites which you are not sure about.

Even more important is to only look for something that concerns us otherwise it is waste of time for which one will be questioned on the day of judement, besides it can also cause unnecessary confusion.

The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said :

مِنْ حُسْنِ إِسْلاَمِ الْمَرْءِ تَرْكُهُ مَا لاَ يَعْنِيهِ

حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ، رَوَاهُ التِّرْمِذِيُّ وَغَيْرَهُ هكَذَا

"Part of the perfection of someone's Islam is his leaving alone that which does not concern him."   [Hadith hasan - Recorded by Tirmidhi]

If you wish to read more detailed explanation of the above Hadith, please go to Hadith 12 on the following link:
http://www.dailyhadith.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=602.15

Barak Allah feek

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:50:32 AM by mabdullah » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: