Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Pets and Alcohol  (Read 15371 times)
Yan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 12:37:56 AM »

The alcohol hadith I mentioned before is clearer now, due to this:

"Drinks - 21st Rajab 1432 (23rd June 2011)

Narrated Hudhaifa (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Do not drink in gold or
silver utensils, and do not wear clothes of silk or Dibaj, for these things
are for them (unbelievers) in this world and for you in the Hereafter."

Bukhari Vol. 7 : No. 537 "

So drinking is for unbelievers.  I think it's a good thing not to drink.  It is not something I would look forward to doing in the hereafter.

My interest is the spiritual, Allah.  If Muhammad or any prophet (human being) does not err and is perfect, he is divine.  That is no different to me than Jesus idolatry, though I do say, Peace be upon them.  But human beings are not Allah or Spirit or God.  I believe we each have a spiritual destiny, and the inborn ability to commune with Allah.  If we did not, there would be no purpose in prayer.  If we believe and obey prophets, as though they are gods, we must ignore communion given us by Allah.  In addition, it is certainly better to have a negative thought than to act upon such a thought, but it does a person no good whatsoever to pretend or contradict his own nature.  This is because our nature is known to Allah.  Not to Muhammad.  Not to Jesus.  Let's say for this example that I want to obey the man Muhammad, because I think I need him instead of Allah.  So I don't keep dogs unless they work for me, out of simple obedience.  But in my heart, I don't believe that dogs are filthy creatures - on the contrary, I believe they can be family members.  I would become resentful and hateful toward whatever I am obeying, because I am acting against my own soul.  I think that is futile on my part.  In fact, I think it is a high sin.  I would not expect any reward or even respect for being dishonest or wasteful of the precious gift of life that I received from the Most High Spirit.

~Yan~
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 02:07:18 AM »

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

First of all, from your words it looks like you take the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم) as if he's an enemy to you or commands you something other than ALLAH Ta`ala does, wa a`uthu biLLAH. We've quoted for you the verses from Al Qur'an saying that he (صلى الله عليه و سلم) would never add anything from his own and whatever he ordained was from the commands of ALLAH (sub7anahu wa Ta`ala). So when he ordered that the dogs shouldn't be kept at home, it wasn't coz he hated dogs as you said, how can he hate dogs and command to be good to them and any other animal??? You should understand as well, that in Islam we don't worship Messengers or put them at the same level with ALLAH (sub7anahu wa ta`ala) wa `authi biLLAH. And Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم) was the best among humans and he takes a high position with ALLAH Ta`ala too and He knows best. Being a Muslim doesn't mean that you obey ALLAH and reject what the Prophet said or ordained, because by disobeying the Prophet you'd be disobeying ALLAH too, because this is His order not the Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و سلم) from his own.

If keeping a dog is dearer to you than obeying ALLAH and His Messenger then what can i tell you? Shaytaan succeeds a lot playing in your mind telling you that the dog is a part of your family how can you reject him, right???

Don't think we're so much heartless here and don't know what you're talking about, i used to have a dog before as well and she stayed with us for more than 10 years, but now knowing the price of it i wouldn't like to keep a dog at home, knowing that my reward would be decreasing daily and the angels wouldn't enter my house, after all the life of the Hereafter and the command of ALLAH and His Messenger are far more dearer to me than the dog.

As for the drinks, again you misinterpret the meaning and again you think the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) commanded sth unacceptable?! The drinks of this world are far from the drinks of the hereafter, which don't intoxicate you or harm you in any way, and it's incomparable and surely you wouldn't care for righteousness more than the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) did warning us about the drinks.

In conclusion, I'd suggest you to read more about the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم) to know his nature and to know that he cared for his Ummah more than we do for ourselves, after all his duty was just to convey and warn and then it's up to you whether you'll choose to follow or reject, at the end of the day we'll all be brought back to the Creator and All-Knower Who will judge between us in truth. He (صلى الله عليه و سلم) used to command and suggest that which was better for us, because he knew and was taught from the Creator Himself, now you wouldn't think that you know better or more, would you??

and ALLAH knows best. 

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)
Yan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »

Thank you for the response.  I will continue to study Islam.  I simply thought that Islam taught what I believe - that Allah is without associate.  I don't assign a higher position to Muhammad or Jesus than I do to myself, you or any other human being.  I don't personally know Muhammad or Jesus, and only get outsiders and third parties telling me about them and "their" commands.  The thing is that I don't believe that prophets are to be obeyed, because obedience is toward the spiritual (Allah).  Children should obey parents, and husbands and wives should obey each other, but to me it feels that obeying unknown human beings is to make them gods.  We can know and commune with Allah.  Prophets are those who share and inform.  We should pay attention, seek to understand, and discern whether what they say resonates with what we know personally of Allah.

~Yan~
Yan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 09:55:03 AM »

Just thinking a bit more about this pet dog thing.  Let me go back to what pushed me to researching Islam.  It was all the negative attention on it from people who have never actually looked into it, here in America.  They would say wild things that obviously came from a place of lack of thought or knowledge.  Our culture and country is on a downhill trend, and backward values prevail here.  I believe that America is weak because of its cultural values and the corruption of the capitalistic system, most especially our health care system.  A weak country subjects itself to correction.  I have noticed that Islam is becoming more visible here, as we have Zaytuna College in Berkeley and Salam Center in Sacramento.  Of course, I am only familiar with California.

We are a country with freedom of religion, but you'd hardly know it the way non-Christian religions are persecuted.  I wonder, if America became an Islamic nation rather than a secular one, and with this Islamic view about dogs, what would happen to all the dogs?  You mention that kindness to dogs was valued by Muhammad.  We have an overpopulation of dogs and cats in America.  We have animal shelters, some in San Francisco that provide better living quarters to the animals than many human beings receive.  If there were many converts to Islam who wished to avoid keeping dogs (which I find very hard to imagine.  Americans love their dogs), what would happen to all these animals?

~Yan~
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »

I have noticed that Islam is becoming more visible here, ...

Of course, I am only familiar with California.

As for various colleges and centers are concerned, some people have distorted Islam to make it “acceptable”,

while others promote different deviant beliefs such as "sufism." What is practised under name of sufism these days has nothing to do with Islam except that it is blatant polytheism.

It can be difficult for one to differentiate between such deviant versions and true Islam but if one is sincere and asks Allah for help, then He is the most merciful and the One who guides to the truth.

what would happen to all these animals?

They do survive in absence of human being. Allah who created them feeds and looks after them, besides He does not command to starve or harm them.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:56:47 PM by mabdullah » Logged
Yan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 03:55:24 PM »

As for various colleges and centers are concerned, some people have distorted Islam to make it “acceptable"...

That doesn't surprise me, and is easy to believe.  I don't know about the specifics of any of these colleges/centers, but Berkeley is a very liberal place.  I can't imagine acceptance of even reasonable limitations on conduct and lifestyle, but that's just the way I see the place.  And of course, I think it's a bad thing to pervert and distort principles and beliefs for the sake of popular acceptance.

~Yan~
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 03:07:00 AM »

I don't assign a higher position to Muhammad or Jesus than I do to myself, you or any other human being.  I don't personally know Muhammad or Jesus, and only get outsiders and third parties telling me about them and "their" commands.  The thing is that I don't believe that prophets are to be obeyed, because obedience is toward the spiritual (Allah).

As i've mentioned before and quoted, it's an order from ALLAH Himself that we should obey His Messenger, in this case Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم). And he was far better than any other human being and for sure you cannot compare him to any, this doesn't mean that we worship him, but it's out of respect and you say it's strange to obey a strange person, this "stranger" as you said is the one who warned you and guided you/us by ALLAH's permission to what's right and to the right path, isn't it enough to love and respect him more than any other human being?!

I'll repeat myself by suggesting you to read about Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم), try here if you want to, to find out how it all started:

http://www.dailyhadith.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=585.0

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »

I just found this - http://www.submission.org/pets/dogs2.html - Do you consider that a reliable website?  I just now started researching this online.

I did some search. This site is run by people who are followers of a person who claimed to be Messenger of Allah, and became an apostate. This site, as we thought, has nothing to do with Isalm.  Below is youtube link with some information;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0aWampMADs&feature=related

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:57:40 PM by mabdullah » Logged
Yan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 02:12:22 PM »

Thank you for the info, mabdullah.  I will look at that when I get back, as I'm heading out right now.

~Yan~

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: