Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Abu Yazid Bistami.  (Read 16899 times)
Abu Fauzi
« on: April 30, 2011, 08:29:42 AM »

Kidly allow me to forward to you a brief biographical account in respect of Sayyid Abu Yazid Bistami. The account will speak for itself, as to who this Humble mind was/is...enjoy it.
   My Regards.
ibmkanniks

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:35:11 AM »

Salam, am very happy and also inspired to have my this web as a self guide.
Its really great and may Allah (SWT) continue to usher all that is required. May our dua be answer, may we be more pious in worshipping Allah. May the last words we say be lailaha ilah muhammad rasululah. Amin
Thanks
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 05:47:41 AM »

بسْمِ اللهِ، الحمد لله وَالصَّلَاةُ وَالسَّلَّامُ عَلَى رَسُولِ اللهِ

Bayazid Bastami (Persian بايزيد بسطامى ), also known as Abu Yazid Bistami or Tayfur Abu Yazid al-Bustami, (804-874 or 877/8 CE) was a Persian Sufi born in Bastam, Iran.

Here's some short info about Sufis and Sufism:

Praise be to Allaah. 
It is important for us to understand, firstly, that the words “Tasawwuf” and “Sufism” are modern terms which refer to something that is not automatically approved of in sharee’ah as the words eemaan (faith), Islam and ihsaan are. Neither is it automatically condemned like the words kufr, fusooq (immorality) and ‘asyaan (disobedience, sin). 

In such cases, we need to find out more about what is meant by such words before we can pass comment. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The words al-faqr and al-tasawwuf (i.e., Sufism) may include some things that are loved by Allaah and His Messenger, and these are things that are enjoined even if they are called faqr or tasawwuf, because the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicate that they are mustahabb and that is not altered if they called by other names. That also includes actions of the heart such as repentance and patience. And it may include things that are hated by Allaah and His Messenger, such as some kinds of belief in incarnation and pantheism, or monasticism that has been innovated in Islam, or things that go against sharee’ah and have been innovated, and so on. These things are forbidden no matter what names they are given… And it may include limiting oneself to a certain style of clothing or certain customs, ways of speaking and behaving, in such a way that anyone who goes beyond it is regarded as an outsider, although this is not something that has been stipulated in the Qur’aan or Sunnah; rather it may be something that is permissible or it may be something that is makrooh, and this is a bid’ah that is forbidden. This is not the way of the friends of Allaah (awliya’ Allaah); such things are innovations and misguidance that exists among those who claim to follow the Sufi path. Similarly, among those who claim to be servants of knowledge there are innovations that involve beliefs and words that go against the Qur’aan and Sunnah, using phrases and terminology that have no basis in sharee’ah. Many such things happen among those people.

The wise believer agrees with all people in that in which they are in accordance with the Qur’aan and Sunnah and obey Allaah and His Messenger, but he does not agree with that in which they go against the Qur’aan and Sunnah and disobey Allaah and His Messenger. He accepts from every group that which was taught by the Messenger… when a person seeks the truth and justice, based on knowledge, he is one of the successful friends of Allaah and His victorious party…

Al-Fataawa, 11/280-290.

But what Shaykh al-Islam said about the view of Sufis depending on their situation is almost too theoretical for our times, when the objectionable matters that he referred to have become part of the path of those who call themselves Sufis nowadays, in addition to the different occasions they celebrate such as the Mawlid, and their exaggeration about their living shaykhs, and their attachment to shrines and graves, where they pray and circumambulate the graves and make vows to them, and other well-known practices of theirs. Because of these matters, the correct approach now is to warn against them with no reservations. This is what was agreed upon by the Standing Committee in their answer to a question about the ruling on the Sufi tareeqahs that exist nowadays. They said:

Usually those that are called Sufis nowadays follow bid’ahs (innovations) that constitute shirk, as well as other kinds of bid’ah, such as when some of them say “Madad ya sayyid (Help, O Master)”, and call upon the qutubs (“holy men”), and recite dhikr in unison using names by Allaah has not called Himself, like saying “Huw, Huw (He, He)” and “Ah, Ah (a contraction of the word ‘Allaah’)”. Whoever reads their books will be aware of many of their innovations that constitute shirk, and other evils.

wa ALLAHu a`lam

I'd strongly resommend all brothers and sisters, please follow what was revealed to our beloved Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم - Qur'an - and follow his way - Sunnah.

There are many innovations now which go against both of them. May ALLAH sub7anahu wa ta`ala guide us to His straight path and show us right from wrong, ameen

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:03:25 AM »

wa `alaykum as-salam

Brother, if you've read my posts-replies carefully, i've stated that Sufi learnings nowadays have nothing to do with those before and as a advice to you as a learner, make careful study of what you follow, and keep in mind that best teaching is the teaching of Muhammad salla ALLAHu `alayhi wa salam, so you'll not be mistaken if you simply take Qur'an and Sunnah ONLY to learn about your deen, bi'ithniLLAH and believe me your life time will not be enough to study them all, leave all the deviant sects for your own good wa ALLAHu a`lam....

may ALLAH Ta`ala guide you and all of us to His Straight Path

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 05:14:56 AM »

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

وعليكم السللام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Assalam alaykum,
    Sorry for refering (again) to the topic I posted above, which drew the Moderator's long comment...

My dear brother, our life in this world in only a test and all of us will one day stand before Allah Azza wa Jall and responsible for our deeds. It is duty of every muslim to help each other on straight path shown by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

''Tauheed is one, but the path to Allah equal the number of people since the time of Adam''. These different ways have always been viewed as a Mercy by the Ummah.

Straight path which goes to Allah and His Jannah is only ONE, shown to us by Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) with Quran and His Sunnah.

Tasawwuf is nothing but the INNER, Spiritual dimension of Islam. The Tariqah-as method-is the attempt to both preserve and penetrate that dimension. The Shari'a is the Divinely ordained mould within which that spirituality takes on its distinctive shape. These 3 aspects { Tasawwuf/sufism, Tariqa, Shari'a} of Islam are INSEPARABLE PARTS OF AN ORGANIC WHOLE.

Ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله said:

"With regard to the word sufiyyah (Sufism), it was not known during the first three generations, rather it became known after that."

(Majmu al-Fatawa, 11/5)

Ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله divides the sufis into three categories.

The first category of sufis lived their lives and experiences conformed with the shari'ah (mustaqim al-ahwal) [Majmu Fatawa Shaykh al-Islam, vol. 10, pp. 516-7].

The second category consists of those sufis whose experience of fana and intoxication (sukr) weakened their sense of discrimination, and made them utter words that they later realized to be erroneous when they became sober [Majmu Fatawa Shaykh al-Islam, vol. 10, pp. 220-1].

The third category of sufis who have believed in ideas and expounded doctrines which contradict Islamic principles [ wihdatul woojood and Al-hulool {incarnation}, or who have indulged in practices which are condemned by the shari'ah.

The third category of Sufis which includes two sub-categories, regardless of their tareeqah, worship others than Allah, such as Prophets and “awliya’” [“saints”], living or dead. They say, “Yaa Jeelaani”, “Yaa Rifaa’i” [calling on their awliya’], or “O Messenger of Allah, help and save” or “O Messenger of Allah, our dependence is on you”, etc.

Also, they believe in wahdat al-wujood (unity of existence). They do not have the idea of a Creator and His creation, instead they say that everything is creation and everything is God [ Hinduism, pantheism, etc].

They unscrupulously claim that they take knowledge directly from Allah, without the mediation of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). They say, “Haddathani qalbi ‘an Rabbi (My heart told me from my Lord).”

Sufism Practised today is third form of Sufism.
We sincerely pray that Allah Azza wa Jall keep us on the Straight Path which goes to Allah and His Jannah and is only ONE, shown to us by Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) with Quran and His Sunnah. Ameen

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:05:16 AM by mabdullah » Logged
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 06:31:06 AM »

Imam Malik, May Allah be pleased with him, put it well when he said, ''He who learns Jurisprudence and neglects Tasawwuf becomes a reprobate; and he who learns Tasawwuf
and neglects Jurisprudence becomes an apostate. But he who combines both wii reach the Truth.''

The statement would mean that many sufis of past and today are fasiqs because they are not scholars / people of knowledge.

and that a big number of scholars in past and present who are not sufis are zindeeqs, including Imam Malik rahimahu Allah who was not a sufi.

so it is clear that it is fabricated,  mentioning sources does not prove its authenticity, it needs a chain (sanad).

(answer was given by a sister at another forum )
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:22:16 PM by mabdullah » Logged
viqaruddin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 03:09:03 AM »

Assalam alaikum wa wb
mashallah very nice info...dunno y wenever i want some info abt islam or hav ny doubt this website is always among my options..
keep up d gud work
may Allah aura u
tc
allah hafiz asslam alaium

The final & the most important journey of a man begins with his One leg wrapped to the other leg (in the death shroud) {waltafatul saaqu bil saaq}...the only thing that takes him forward to the blissfull destination are his GOOD DEEDS.....are we ready for it?
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 06:34:33 AM »

Assalam alaikum wa wb
mashallah very nice info...dunno y wenever i want some info abt islam or hav ny doubt this website is always among my options..
keep up d gud work
may Allah aura u
tc
allah hafiz asslam alaium

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

وعليكم السللام ورحمة الله وبركاته

BarakAllahu feek.
Allah Azza wa Jall is source of all guidance and help. He helps those who seek the truth.

Alla Azza wa Jall says;

فَأَمَّا مَنۡ أَعۡطَىٰ وَٱتَّقَىٰ (٥) وَصَدَّقَ بِٱلۡحُسۡنَىٰ (٦) فَسَنُيَسِّرُهُ ۥ لِلۡيُسۡرَىٰ

As for him who gives (charity) and keeps his duty to Allâh and fears Him,

And believes in Al-Husna.

We will make smooth for him the path of ease (goodness).

(Surah Lail; 5-7)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: