Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Articles on Hajj  (Read 11257 times)
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 03:57:14 AM »

بسْمِ اللهِ، الحمد لله وَالصَّلَاةُ وَالسَّلَّامُ عَلَى رَسُولِ اللهِ

Greatest Glad Tidings for Pilgrims - I

Performing Hajj or ‘Umrah and praying in the Two Holy Mosques are some of the greatest acts of worship. Therefore, when the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم was asked about the best deed, he said: “Belief in Allaah and His Messenger.” When he was asked about the next deed, he answered: “Doing Jihaad in the cause of Allaah.” When he was asked about the next deed, he answered: “An accepted Hajj.” [Al-Bukhaari]

Hajj is one of the pillars of Islam and the faith of the Muslim cannot be complete without performing it in the proper legislated way once the person has the ability to do so. Allaah The Almighty mentioned some of the benefits that the pilgrim attains; as He Says (what means): {And proclaim to the people the Hajj; they will come to you on foot and on every lean camel; they will come from every distant pass -* That they may witness benefits for themselves} [Quran 22:27-28]

The religious Sharee‘ah-related benefits are the greatest benefits gained for the Hereafter that bring the person closer to Paradise, distance him from Hell, make the scales of good deeds heavier, and so on.

Some of these benefits are:

Paradise is the reward of an accepted Hajj:

Abu Hurayrah رضى اللّهُ عنه  said that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “The performance of two ‘Umrahs expiates the sins committed in the interval between them and the accepted Hajj has no other reward but Paradise.” [Al-Albaani: Saheeh]

The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said to ‘Amr ibn Al-‘Aas رضى اللّهُ عنه : “Do you not know that Islam effaces all the (previous) misdeeds, Hijrah effaces all the (previous) misdeeds, and also Hajj effaces all the (previous) misdeeds?” [Muslim]         
[/b]

Hajj is one of the best forms of Jihaad in the cause of Allaah:

‘Aa’ishah رضي اللّهُ عنها said, “I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah! We see that Jihaad is the best of deeds; should we not engage in Jihaad?’ He said: ‘For you (women), the best act of Jihaad is to perform Hajj that is accepted (by Allaah).’" [Al-Bukhaari]

Abu Hurayrah رضي اللّهُ عنه said that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “The Jihaad of the old, the weak and of women is to perform Hajj and ‘Umrah.” [Al-Albaani: Hasan by virtue of a corroborating narration]

Hajj and ‘Umrah cause richness and purification:

Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullaah رضى اللّهُ عنه said that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “Make Hajj and ‘Umrah alternately because both of them rid one of poverty and sins as the blacksmith’s bellows removes all the impurities from iron, gold and silver.” [Ahmad and At-Tirmithi; Al-Albaani: Hasan Saheeh]

Hajj elevates ranks and removes sins:

Ibn ‘Umar رضى اللّهُ عنه said that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم  said: “No foot of the pilgrim’s camel moves unless Allaah writes for the pilgrim a good deed or removes one of his sins or raises him one rank.” [Al-Albaani: Hasan]

Acceptance of Hajj conditioned with providing food and exchanging the greetings of peace:

Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullaah رضى اللّهُ عنه said that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “An accepted Hajj has no reward but Paradise.” He was asked, “How can it be accepted?” He said: “By offering food and saying good words.” [Al-Albaani: Saheeh by virtue of corroborating narrations] Another narration reads: “By offering food and spreading the greetings of peace.” [Ahmad; Al-Albaani: Hasan]

Supplication of those who perform Hajj or ‘Umrah is accepted:

Ibn ‘Umar رضى اللّهُ عنه said that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “The one who goes out to fight in the cause of Allaah, the one who is performing Hajj and the one who is performing ‘Umrah are the visitors of Allaah whom He invited and they accepted His invitation and asked Him and He gave to them.” [Al-Albaani: Hasan]

Reward of performing ‘Umrah in Ramadhaan:

Ibn ‘Abbaas رضى اللّهُ عنه said that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “The performance of ‘Umrah in Ramadhaan equals (the reward of performing) Hajj.” [Al-Albaani: Saheeh]

Reward of spending money in Hajj and ‘Umrah:

‘Aa’ishah رضي اللّهُ عنها  narrated that the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه و سلم said to her during her ‘Umrah: “You will be rewarded proportionally to your pain and expenditure.” [Al-Albaani: Saheeh]

Reward of the one who goes out to perform Hajj or ‘Umrah and then dies:

Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): {And whoever leaves his home as an emigrant to Allaah and His Messenger and then death overtakes him - his reward has already become incumbent upon Allaah. And Allaah is ever Forgiving and Merciful.} [Quran 4:100]

Abu Hurayrah رضى اللّهُ عنه  said that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “Whoever goes out to perform Hajj and dies, the reward of Hajj will be recorded for him until the Day of Resurrection. Whoever goes out to perform ‘Umrah and dies, the reward of ‘Umrah will be recorded for him until the Day of Resurrection. Whoever goes out for battle in the Cause of Allaah and dies, the reward of the fighter in the cause of Allaah will be recorded for him until the Day of Resurrection.” [Al-Albaani: Saheeh by virtue of corroborating narrations]

Ibn ‘Abbaas  رضى اللّهُ عنه  said that while a man was with the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم during Hajj, he fell from his mount and it kicked him and he died. Consequently, the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “Wash him with water and Sidr, shroud him in his two garments, do not put perfume on him and do not cover his head for he will be resurrected on the Day of Judgment saying Talbiyah.” [Al-Albaani: Saheeh]

adopted from http://main.islamweb.net/ehajj

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 01:24:42 AM »

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Hajj : Its definition, Status, Rulings and Conditions - I

Praise be to Allaah The Almighty who made pilgrimage to His House obligatory upon the people of faith since the time of Ibraaheem عليه السلام until the time of Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم the best of mankind. We thank Allaah The Almighty for distinguishing this Ummah (Muslim nation) with the inheritance of the Holy House until the end of time and the advent of the Day of Judgment. Praise be to Allaah The Almighty who made the Ka‘bah standing for the people. They face it from all places and their hearts meet upon it at all times, making it a symbol of the unity of the Ummah that worships the One true God regardless of time and place. Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): {Indeed this, your religion, is one religion, and I Am your Lord, so worship Me.} [Quran 21:92]

May peace and blessings be upon the Prophet of mercy صلى الله عليه و سلم who was sent to cultivate the best nation produced as an example for mankind. The Ka‘bah is its Qiblah (direction of prayer), and Hajj and ‘Umrah are its [places of] religious travel, “Labbayka Allaahumma Labbayk” is its psalm, and the Holy Mosque is its place of gathering to which they come from every distant pass to remember Allaah The Almighty in all languages, and to perform a great act of worship with their money, bodies and hearts.

Hajj is one of the most virtuous acts of worship in the sight of Allaah The Almighty and one of the best righteous deeds that expiate sins. So, what is Hajj? What are its merits and excellence in the religion? What are its cornerstones and conditions?

Definition of Hajj:

According to “Lisaan Al-Arab”, the word Hajj in Arabic means “heading towards” a place.

Hajj, as an Islamic term, denotes heading towards the Holy House in Makkah to perform specific rites. Alternatively, it is defined as a visit to a specific place, at a specific time and for a specific purpose. The specific place is the Ka‘bah and ‘Arafah; the specific time is the months of Hajj which are Shawwaal, Thul-Qa‘dah and the first ten days of Thul-Hijjah; and the specific purpose is to come in a state of Ihraam to a certain place with the intention of performing Hajj.

When was Hajj legislated?

Hajj was imposed in the ninth year of Hijrah, by the revelation of the following Aayah (verse): {And [due] to Allaah from the people is a pilgrimage to the House - for whoever is able to find thereto a way.} [Quran 3:97]

This Aayah was revealed in the Year of Delegations (ninth year after Hijrah), according to the opinion of the majority of scholars.

The merits of Hajj and its status in religion:

Hajj is one of the best acts of worship, as Abu Hurayrah رضى اللّهُ عنه reported that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم was asked, “Which deed is the best?'' The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم  replied:"Faith in Allaah and His Messenger.'' Then he was asked, "What is next?'' He replied: "Hajj Mabroor (an accepted pilgrimage).” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

‘Aa’ishah رضي اللّهُ عنها  said, "O Messenger of Allaah! We consider Jihaad as the best deed, should we not then go out to perform Jihaad?'' The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه و سلم said: "The best Jihaad for you (women) is Hajj Mabroor (i.e. one accepted by Allaah).'' [Al-Bukhaari]

The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم stated that the accepted Hajj has no reward but admittance to Paradise. It was narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayrah رضى اللّهُ عنه that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: "‘Umrah is an expiation for the sins committed between it and the previous ‘Umrah; and the reward of Hajj Mabroor (i.e. one accepted) is nothing but Paradise.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

If one performs Hajj and avoids sexual relations and disobedience, he will return from it purified from his sins and misdeeds as he was on the day his mother bore him. Abu Hurayrah رضى اللّهُ عنه reported that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “Whoever performs Hajj and does not have sexual relations (with his wife), nor commits sin, nor disputes unjustly (during Hajj), then he returns from Hajj as pure and free from sins as on the day his mother gave birth to him.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

Congratulations to the pilgrims who will attain forgiveness of sins, as they are the guests of Allaah The Almighty. Ibn ‘Umar رضي اللّهُ عنهما reported that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “The fighters in the way of Allaah The Almighty, those who perform Hajj and ‘Umrah are guests of Allaah The Almighty; He has invited them and they answered, [so,] when they ask Him, He gives them what they ask for.” [Ibn Maajah]

‘Abdullaah ibn Mas‘ood رضى اللّهُ عنه reported that the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, “Perform Hajj and ‘Umrah alternately, for they remove poverty and sins as a blacksmith's bellows remove impurities from iron, gold and silver; and Hajj which is accepted gets no less a reward than Paradise.” [At-Tirmithi]

The ruling of Hajj:

Scholars unanimously agreed that Hajj is obligatory once in a lifetime based on evidence from the Quran and the Sunnah (Prophetic tradition).

Allaah The Exalted Says (what means): {And [due] to Allaah from the people is a pilgrimage to the House - for whoever is able to find thereto a way.} [Quran 3:97]

As for the Sunnah, the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: “Islam is based on five (pillars): testifying that there is no god truly worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad is His Messenger; observing prayer; the payment of Zakaah; performing Hajj (pilgrimage) to the House (the Ka‘bah); and fasting the month of Ramadhaan.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

The evidence that Hajj is obligatory once in a lifetime is the Hadeeth narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayrah رضى اللّهُ عنه who said, “The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه و سلم addressed us and said:O people, Allaah has made Hajj obligatory for you; so perform Hajj. Thereupon a man said: Messenger of Allaah, (is it to be performed) every year? The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم kept quiet, and the man repeated his question thrice, whereupon the Messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم said:"If I were to say 'Yes', it would become obligatory (for you to perform it every year) and you would not be able to do it.” [Muslim]

However, Hajj may be obligatory more than once in a lifetime for a contingent reason such as making a vow to perform Hajj by saying “I vow that I owe Allaah The Almighty one Hajj.” Hajj might also be prohibited, as in the case of performing Hajj using ill-gotten gains. Hajj may also be reprehensible as in the case of performing it without obtaining permission from the one that must be asked for permission. For example, asking permission of one of his parents who need his service, and the creditor if he does not have money to repay his debt, as well as the guarantor of such debtor.

adopted from islamweb.net
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:26:30 AM by tasneem » Logged

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)
chakula

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »

Salamu Alaikum,

Although this year has passed but insha Allah next we were willing to attend to the hajj and this beneficial article will become our guidance in sha Allah and something important to be considered since it was contained many rules and tips governed to the hajj.

Ma'asalam.
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 06:54:18 AM »

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

A Major Sin: Not Performing The Hajj When Able to

The Major Sins -Al-Kabair-
Imam Shamsu ed-Deen Dhahabi

Allah, the Most High, says,
{Pilgrimage thereto is a duty, men owe to Allah those who can afford the journey; but if any deny faith, Allah stands not in need of any of his creatures.} (Al-Umran: 97)

The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Whoever can afford this journey to the sacred House, by provision and transportation and he does not make the pilgrimage, there is no blame if he dies as a Jew or a Christian. This is because Allah says, "Pilgrimage thereto is a duty men owe to Allah -those who can afford the journey.” At- Tirmidhi.

'Umar Ibn Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "I have considered sending men to these cities to see who has not made the pilgrimage, and collect the non-Muslim poll tax (Jizya) from everyone possessing the means who has not performed it. They are not Muslims."

Ibn ' Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "Whoever does not make pilgrimage or pay Zakat will ask to be returned to life when dying.” Someone said, "No one asks to be returned except the unbelievers." He said, "Allah, the Almighty, says,

{And spend something (in charity) out of the substance which we have bestowed on you, before death should come to any of you and he should say: 0 my Lord! Why didst thou no give me respite for a little while I should then have given (largely) in charity, and I should have been one of the doers of good.} (Al-Munafiqun: 10)

i.e., I should have made pilgrimage.

Allah Most High says,
{But to no soul will God grant respite when the time appointed for it has come.} It was asked, "In what amount is Zakat obligatory?" He answered; "Two hundred Dirhams and the equivalent amount if it is gold." Someone asked, "What about pilgrimage?" He said, "Provision and transportation."

Sa'id Ibn Jubair said, "If I have a wealthy neighbor who died without making pilgrimage, I would never pray over him."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:56:25 AM by mabdullah » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: