Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: urgent answer needed please! (travelling)  (Read 2421 times)
happymuslimah

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2010, 01:33:51 PM »

salam alaikum a sister wanted me to this question for her please answer with sahih evidence jazakumallahu khairan.

I am a sister who lives with her elder sister and mother and has NO MAHARAMS living with her in the house or who lives in the same country as her; the only relatives she has in her country besides her mum and sister are 2 other women. Her mum and sister want to go on holiday to New York to see a sick uncle (mum's brother) who is suffering from kidney failure however with no maharam is it haram to travel to New York with the intention of seeing a sick uncle?

Also, if I decide not to go on holiday with them if its haram to travel without a maharam is it permissible for me to stay alone in this country or would i have to go with them as well? My mum says that our 2 female relatives won't take me in if i stay here as one is very sick at the moment and the other just wouldn't want to in general! If one of my women relatives are able to take me in would i have to stay here then? My mum and sister 100% wants to go and if i don't go my family will say i'm being rude, anti-social, disrespectful to my uncle and my grandma, just making excuses and also my mum says that she can't leave me alone in this country alone. Please provide an answer with daleel jazakAllah khayr for your efforts!

"O Allah! you are the turner of the hearts so fix my heart upon your religion" Muslim 4/2045
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 01:33:49 AM »

wa `alaykum as-salam wa ra7mat ALLAH.

Sister, your question has been sent for fatwa but it will take some time to get the reply. In sha' ALLAH khair.

Ma`a salam

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 04:07:24 AM »

Sister, i checked the answer for your question, i apologize for the delay, please check this link where they gave a number of similar questions as yours and answers for it, in sha' ALLAH

http://english.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Id=%202272780%20&Option=QuestionId

ma`a salam

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: