Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Marriage in islam  (Read 2865 times)
MASHOOD ADEYEMI

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2010, 02:55:47 AM »

pls what are age a woman would attained before getting marriage?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:20:45 AM by tasneem » Logged
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 04:12:06 AM »

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Firstly, brother, please abstain from using the description of smileys since anyway they are disabled.

Secondly, regarding your question, here's a part of fatwa from islam-qa about this issue:

Al-Bukhaari calls this chapter of his Saheeh "Baab inkaah al-rajul wuldahu (or waladahu) al-sighaar (Chapter on a man marrying off his young children)." The fact that Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

". . . and for those who have no courses [periods] [(i.e., they are still immature) their ‘iddah is three months likewise, except in case of death] . . ." [al-Talaaq 65:4]

is an indication that it is permissible to marry girls below the age of adolescence. This is a good understanding, but the aayah makes no specific mention of either the father or the young girl. It could be said that the basic principle concerning marrying children is that it is forbidden unless there is specific evidence (daleel) to indicate otherwise. The hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah states that her father Abu Bakr married her off before the age of puberty, but there is no other evidence apart from that, so the rule applies to all other cases.

Al- Muhallab said: "[The scholars] agreed that it is permissible for a father to marry off his young virgin daughter, even though it is not usually the case to have intercourse with such a young woman."

(The above was summarized from Fath al-Baari Sharh ‘ala Saheeh al-Bukhaari)

In summary, then, it is permitted to contract marriage with a young girl and to hand her over to her husband to stay with him before she reaches adolescence. As for consummating the marriage, this does not happen until she is physically able for it. Thus the matter becomes quite clear. Do you see anything wrong with a man living with his young wife in one house, bringing her up and teaching her, but delaying consummation until she is ready for it? We ask Allaah to show us truth and falsehood and to make each clear. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1493   <---- please refer here for full fatwa
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/27305 <---- and here for more info

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)
MASHOOD ADEYEMI

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 12:17:04 PM »

sallam,pls what islam says about using alchool with other concotion to cure?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: