Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Celebrating Birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  (Read 12747 times)
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2010, 06:50:55 AM »

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing in the Qur’aan to say that we should celebrate the birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

The Prophet himself (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do this or command anyone to do it, either during his lifetime or after his death.

Indeed, he told them not to exaggerate about him as the Christians had exaggerated about Jesus (upon whom be peace). He said: “Do not exaggerate about me as the Christians exaggerated about the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, so say, ‘The slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari).

Moreover, we know that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) were the people who loved the Prophet most.

Was it reported that Abu Bakr, who was the closest of people to him and the one who loved him the most, celebrated the birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?

Was it reported that ‘Umar, who ruled for twelve years, or ‘Uthmaan, did this? Was it reported that ‘Ali, his relative and foster son, did this? Was it reported that any of the Sahaabah did this? No, by Allaah!

Is it because they were not aware of its importance, or did they not truly love the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? No one would say such a thing except one who has gone astray and is leading others astray.

Did any of the imaams – Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafi’i, Ahmad, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibn Seereen – do this or command others to do it or say that it was good? By Allaah, no!

It was not even mentioned during the first and best three centuries.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “The best of mankind are my generation (or my century), then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then there will come a people who will not care if their testimony comes before their oath or vice versa (i.e., they will not take such matter seriously).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Muslim and al-Tirmidhi).

The celebration of the Prophet’s birthday appeared many centuries later, when many of the features of true religion had vanished and bid’ah had become widespread.  

Thus this celebration became a sign of one’s love for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?

But can it be possible that the Sahaabah, the imaams and the people of the best three centuries were unaware of it, and it was only those who came later who were aware of its importance?!

What the Qur’aan tells us is that love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is demonstrated by following the guidance he brought. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘If you (really) love Allaah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Say: ‘Obey Allaah and the Messenger.’ But if they turn away, then Allaah does not like the disbelievers.” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:31-32]

The first aayah explains that love is just a claim, but the proof of sincerity is following what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) brought.

The second aayah reaffirms the importance and necessity of obeying Allaah and His Messenger. Hence Allaah ended the aayah with a very stern warning in which those who refuse to obey are described as kaafirs, and Allah does not love the disbelievers.

We ask Allaah to keep us safe from that. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us of the danger of not obeying him, and the danger of adding to what he brought.

The celebration of Mawlid or his birthday is indeed an addition to what he brought – as all the scholars agree.

He said: “The best of speech is the Book of Allaah, and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The most evil of things are those which are newly-invented (in religion), and every innovation is a going astray.” (Reported by Muslim and al-Nisaa’i).

We ask Allaah to protect us from bid’ah and to bless us by helping us to follow.

Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:19:43 PM by mabdullah » Logged
anees

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 11:16:16 AM »

ALL INDIVIDUALS SEND  DARUD INFACT IT IS D SUNNAT OF ANGELS THEN TELL ME WEN DID RASUL ALLAH SEND DARUD UPON HIM
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:28:47 AM by mabdullah » Logged
anees

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »

Book 006, Number 2606 (Sahih Muslim)

Abu Qatada Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Massenger (may peace be upon him) was asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me.
anees

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 11:21:08 AM »

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 38: (Sahih Bukhari)

Narrated 'Ursa; Thuwaiba was the freed slave girl of Abu Lahb whom he had manumitted, and then she suckled the Prophet. When Abu Lahb died, one of his relatives saw him in a dream in a very bad state and asked him, "What have you encountered?" Abu Lahb said, "I have not found any rest since I left you, except that I have been given water to drink in this (the space between his thumb and other fingers) and that is because of my manumitting Thuwaiba."

Abu Lahab freed Thuwaiba on joy at birth of Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam), even the worst of Kufaar and greatest of enemies is given relaxation in his Adhaab due to freeing Thawaiba by pointing with his finger, so Imagine the situation of a momin who rejoices on
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »

ALL INDIVIDUALS SEND  DARUD INFACT IT IS D SUNNAT OF ANGELS THEN TELL ME WEN DID RASUL ALLAH SEND DARUD UPON HIM

This has been discussed in detail, read following link:
http://www.dailyhadith.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=251.0

Book 006, Number 2606 (Sahih Muslim)

Abu Qatada Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Massenger (may peace be upon him) was asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me.

None of above suggests to celebrate birthday of the Prophet Peace be upon him
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:38:39 AM by mabdullah » Logged
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 38: (Sahih Bukhari)

Narrated 'Ursa; Thuwaiba was the freed slave girl of Abu Lahb whom he had manumitted, and then she suckled the Prophet. When Abu Lahb died, one of his relatives saw him in a dream in a very bad state and asked him, "What have you encountered?" Abu Lahb said, "I have not found any rest since I left you, except that I have been given water to drink in this (the space between his thumb and other fingers) and that is because of my manumitting Thuwaiba."

Abu Lahab freed Thuwaiba on joy at birth of Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam), even the worst of Kufaar and greatest of enemies is given relaxation in his Adhaab due to freeing Thawaiba by pointing with his finger, so Imagine the situation of a momin who rejoices on

Someone has already given the answer for this on following link:

http://ahlalhdeeth.cc/vbe/showthread.php?t=8300

Read summary below:

"The slave girl was freed because she brought to Abi Lahab the news of Prophets Birth, and as an act of celebration, and thanks, he set her free. Now for that deed he gets rewarded.

Note Abi Lahab is Mushrik he gets no reward for any good deeds, Mushrikeen due to their wrong aqeedah, and opposing Tawheed, get no reward for any deed what so ever, but because Abi Lahab did something in honour of Prophet Muhammed, in love, and in adoration, and due to happiness which this ocasion bought him, he set slave girl free, so for that deed alone because he did something for Prophets sake, Allah rewards him in this world, the debt which Prophet owed to Abi Lahab in an indirect way is paid.

DONT Ssay that Mushrikeen get reward for their deeds,  Fact is he was rewarded because he set a slave girl free ask mark of Prophets birth celebration.

Its clear from Fathul Baari he sites that the hadith is mursal and there is no proof that from Urwa got this report .

Secondly its not a proof since its a dream ."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:49:17 PM by mabdullah » Logged
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 07:36:43 AM »

what has the hadeeth of fasting on Monday have to do with celebrating Rasoul's (salla ALLAH `alayhi wa salam) birthday???!!!!!

the hadeeth indicates the importance of Monday not the Birthday.

Secondly, as it was mentioned by respected brother Abdullah, IF celebrating the birthday of Rasoul ALLAH (salla ALLAH `alayhi wa salam) was sth good and PERMITTED the best of the Sahabah (Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali) and all the rest of the noble Companions may ALLAH be pleased with them all, would be the first to do it, since there no one nowadays who loves Rasoul (salla ALLAH `alayhi wa salam) as they did. So if you have any valid proof to do so, let us all read it.

ma`a salam

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 12:19:09 PM »

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

The Prophet[salAllaualehaywassalm]said:

Verily,Allaah veils the tawbah from every innovator until he leaves his innovation''

[Ibn Abee Aasim#37 and declared Saheeh by Sh Al Albaani rahimahullah]

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:11:40 AM by mabdullah » Logged
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 08:25:02 AM »

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

Every innovation is misguidance and every misguidance in in hell fire

Celebrating the Prophet’s birthday (Mawlid) is an innovation that has been introduced into the religion. The first ones to celebrate it were the ‘Ubaydi Fatimid caliphs, who were a misguided group that was out of Islam. It was not narrated from any of the early Muslims, the first three and best generations, that they regarded it as encouraged or permissible to celebrate the Mawlid.

Celebrating the Prophet’s birthday (al-mawlid) is an innovation, and doing special acts of worship on this day such as saying tasbeeh and tahmeed, observing i’tikaaf, reading Qur’aan and fasting is an innovation for which a person will not receive any reward, for these are all rejected.

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever introduces anything into this matter of ours that is not part of it will have it rejected.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2550; Muslim, 1718.

According to a version narrated by Muslim (1718) he said: “Whoever does an action that is not in accordance with this matter of ours will have it rejected.”

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: