Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sitting with the Companions  (Read 5576 times)
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Sitting with the Companions

Shaqîq ibn Ibrâhîm reports:

It was once said to ‘Abdullah ibn Al-Mubârak, “After you have prayed with us you don’t sit with us?”

He replied, “I go and sit with the Sahâbah and the Tâbi’în.”

We said, “And how can you sit with the Sahâbah and Tâbi’în (when they have all passed away)?”

He replied, “I go and read the knowledge I have collected, I find their narrations and deeds. What would I do with you? ”

(Al-Dhahabî, Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ` in his biography of ‘Abdullah b. Al-Mubârak)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:46:16 AM by mabdullah » Logged
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 10:42:48 AM »

Do we think about RasulAllah صلى الله عليه وسلم the same way he thought about us?

Â'ishah (radiAllâh 'anhâ) narrated:

“Once, when I saw the Prophet in a good mood, I said to him: “O Messenger of Allâh! Supplicate to Allâh for me!”

So, he صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

“O Allâh! Forgive ‘Â'ishah her past and future sins, what she has hidden, as well as what she has made apparent.”

So, I began smiling, to the point that my head fell into my lap out of joy.

The Messenger of Allâh said to me: “Does my supplication make you happy?”

I replied: “And how can your supplication not make me happy?”

He صلى الله عليه وسلم then said: “By Allâh, it is the supplication that I make for my Ummah in every prayer.”

[Reported in 'Sahih Mawarid adh-Dhaman' (1875), and it is in 'as-Silsilah as-Sahihah' (2254)]

The Call of Bilâl and the Tears of Al-Shâm

It is reported that Bilâl – Allâh be pleased with him – never used to call the adhân for anyone after the death of Allâh’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم

He wanted to go for al-jihâd but Abû Bakr didn’t want him to go. So Bilâl said, “If you freed me [when I was a slave] for Allâh’s pleasure, then let me go.” So he went to Al-Shâm.

When ‘Umar arrived in Al-Jâbiyah [during his Caliphate], the Muslims requested him to ask Bilâl to do the adhân for them, so ‘Umar asked him.

He called the adhân one day, and never were as many people heard crying as on that day, as they remembered the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم

It is said that the adhân of the people of Al-Shâm was taken from this adhân.

(Al-Dhahabî, Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ`, in his biography of Bilâl b. Abî Rabâh)

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:44:22 AM by mabdullah » Logged
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 10:45:08 AM »

I will share in their hard living

It is reported that Hafsah – Allâh be pleased with her – once said to her father (‘Umar -radiAllahuanho, during his Caliphate):

Allâh has increased the provisions; if only you would eat better food than the food you eat now and wear softer clothes then those you wear now?!

He said, “I will argue [against] you with your own self: Was not the condition of Allâh’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم such-and-such [when you were his wife]!?”

He kept reminding her until she cried.

He continued, “I have told you, by Allâh, I will share in their hard living (in this world, referring to The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and Abû Bakr -radiAllahuanho) so that I may partake in their good life (in Paradise).”

(Hunâd b. Al-Sarî, Al-Zuhd article 687; Imâm Ahmad, Al-Zuhd article 201)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:21:51 PM by mabdullah » Logged
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 03:23:12 PM »

What makes you cry, O Abu Muhammad?

‘Abd Al-Rahmân b. ‘Awf (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ) was once brought some food, and he had been fasting.

He said: Mus‘ab b. ‘Umayr (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ) was killed, and he was better than me and he was buried with a cloak as a shroud: if his head was covered with it his legs would be uncovered and if his legs were covered with it his head would be uncovered.

And Hamzah (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ) was killed and he was better than me.

Then, after that time, we were given what we were given of worldly wealth, and we fear that [the reward of] our good deeds has been quickened for us [in this life].

He then began to cry so much that he left his food.

Al-Bukhârî

mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 03:24:05 PM »

Anger of a muomin

Ibn Abbas (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ) reported that a man sought permission to speak to Umar ibn al-Khattab (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ), then he said: "O son of al-Khattab, you are not giving us much and you are not judging fairly between us."

Umar (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ) was so angry that he was about to attack the man, but al-Hurr ibn Qays (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ), who was one of those present, said:
"O Amir al-Mu’minin, Allah said to His Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم:

خُذِ ٱلۡعَفۡوَ وَأۡمُرۡ بِٱلۡعُرۡفِ وَأَعۡرِضۡ عَنِ ٱلۡجَـٰهِلِينَ

(al-Araf -199).

‘Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish.’
This man is one of the foolish."

By Allah, Umar (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ) could go no further after al-Hurr (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ) had recited this aayah to him, and he a man who was careful to adhere to the Book of Allah."

(Bukhari; Ibn Hajar, Fathu'l-Bari, 4/304)

This is how the Muslim should be.

The evil munafiq, when in anger, was not like this when he was told the hadith of RasulAllah صلى الله عليه وسلم and one of the Companions said to him, "Seek refuge with Allah from the shaytan."

He said to the one who reminded him,
"Do you think I am crazy? Go away!"

(Bukhari; Ibn Hajar, Fathu'l-Bari, 1/465).

We seek refuge with Allah from failure.

mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »

I hope that I will be with them

Narrated Anas(رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ):

A man asked the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم about the Hour (i.e. Day of Judgment) saying, "When will the Hour be?"

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "What have you prepared for it?"

The man said, "Nothing, except that I love Allah and His Apostle."

The Prophetصلى الله عليه وسلم said, "You will be with those whom you love."

We had never been so glad as we were on hearing that saying of the Prophet (i.e., "You will be with those whom you love.")

Therefore, I love the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم , Abu Bakr رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ and 'Umar رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ,

and I hope that I will be with them because of my love for them though my deeds are not similar to theirs.

(Bukhari)

mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 04:14:42 PM »

“She is from my flesh.” said RasulAllah (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

Anas bin Malik (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ) said: “RasulAllah (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: What is best for the women? And we did not know what to say.

Thereupon Ali (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ) went to Fatimah (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ ) and told her that (i.e., what was asked). So, she said: Why didn’t you inform him that the best for them is that they do not see the men nor they see them.

Then he returned and informed that to him (Prophet). So, he (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said to him: Who taught you this? He said: Fatimah! At which he said: She is from my flesh.”

(Hilyat al-Awliya, 1481)

On the authority of az-Zuhri (teacher of al-Imam Malik) who said: “Indeed Fatimah (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ ) , daughter of RasulAllah (صلى الله عليه و سلم) grinded until her hands were blistered and perhaps the pole of the millstone left a mark on her hand.”

(Hilyat al-Awliya, 1484)

Amr ibn Dinar said: “A’ishah (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ) said: I have never seen anyone more truthful than Fatimah other than her father. And if something happened between them (i.e., Prophet and A’ishah), she would say: O RasulAllah, ask her for she does not lie.”

(Hilyat al-Awliya, 1486)

رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡہُمۡ وَرَضُواْ عَنۡهُ

Allâh will be pleased with them, and they with Him

mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 04:16:04 PM »

They had same wish (I)

Rabiah Ibn Kab

Rabiah Ibn Kab رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ accepted Islam when he was still quite young. He loved Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم deeply and requested to be at His service. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was pleased to accept Rabiah’s request.

From that day, Rabiah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ lived in the shadow of the noble Prophetصلى الله عليه وسلم . He went with him wherever the Prophet went. Whenever Prophet, peace be on him, cast a glance in his direction, He would leap to stand in his presence. Whenever he expressed a need, he would find Rabiah hurrying to fulfil it.

Rabiah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ would serve the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم throughout the day. When the day was over and the Prophet had retired to his home after Salat al-Isha, Rabiah would think about leaving. But he would soon say to himself: 'Where would you go, Rabi'ah? Perhaps you may be required to do something for the Prophet during the night.'

So Rabiah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ would remain seated at his door and would not leave the threshold of The Prophet’s house. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم spend part of his night engaged in Salat. Rabiah would hear him reciting the Quran and the Prophet would continue reciting sometimes for a third or a half of the night.

It was the noble habit of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم that if someone did him a good turn, he loved to repay that person with something more excellent. He wanted to do something for Rabiah too in return for his service to him.

So one day he came up to Rabiah and said: 'O Rabi'ah ibn Kab.'

'Labbayk ya rasulullah wa Sadark - At your command, O Messenger of God and may God grant you happiness,' Rabiah responded.

'Ask of me anything and I will give it to you.' The Prophet said.

Rabiah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ thought a little and then said: 'Give me some time, O Messenger of God, to think about what I should ask of you. Then I will let you know.' He صلى الله عليه وسلم agreed.

At that time, Rabiah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ was a young man and poor. He had neither family, nor wealth, nor place of abode. He used to shelter in the Suffah of the mosque of the Prophet.

So, it occurred to Rabiah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ to ask the Prophet for some worldly good that would save him from poverty and make him like others who had wealth, wife and children. Soon, however, He said to himself: 'May you perish Rabi'ah. The world is temporary and will pass away. You have your share of sustenance in it which God has guaranteed and which must come to you. The Prophet, peace be on him, has a place with his Lord and no request would be refused him. Request him therefore, to ask Allah to grant you something of the bounty of the hereafter.'

Rabiah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُfelt pleased and satisfied with this thought.

He went to the Prophet and the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم asked: 'What do you say, O Rabi'ah?'

'O Messenger of God,' Rabiah said, 'I ask you to beseech Allah most High on my behalf to make me your companion in Paradise.'

'Who has advised you thus?' asked the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.

'No by Allah,' said Rabiah , 'No one has advised me. But when you told me 'Ask of me anything and I will give to you,' I thought of asking you for something of the goodness of this world. But before long, I was guided to choose what is permanent and lasting against what is temporary and perishable. And so I have asked you to beseech God on my behalf that I may be your companion in Paradise.'

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم remained silent for a long while and then asked: 'Any other request besides that, Rabi'ah?'

'No, O Messenger of God, Nothing can match what I have asked you.' Said Rabiah

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said; 'Then, in that case, assist me for your sake by performing much prostration to God.'

They had same wish continued...
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »

They had same wish (II)

Nusaibah Binti Ka’ab Al Ansariyah (Umm Imarah)

Nusaibah Binti Ka’ab Al Ansariyah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ was from Banu Mazin.

Ibn Hajar رحمه الله said:

She (Umm `Imarah) witnessed the pledge of Aqabah and she also pledged allegiance. She participated in the battles of Uhud, Hudaybiyah and Khaybar and participated in `Umrah Al-Qadaa`. She also witnessed the victory of Makkah and participated in the battles of Hunayn and Yamamah.

Nusaybah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ participated in the battle of Uhd physically, as the occasion demanded when the Muslims were being defeated. When RasulAllaah صلى الله عليه وسلم was being attacked, Nusaybah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ formed part of the human shield which protected our Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم

Even when her son ‘Abdullaah was wounded and his blood began to flow she was totally oblivious to his condition until RasulAllaah صلى الله عليه وسلم instructed: ‘bandage your wounded (son)’.

After dealing with his injury she said to him, ‘rise and fight the people’.

Umar ibn al-Khattaab رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ narrated that on the day of Uhud I heard the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم say, “Whenever I looked to the right or left, I saw Umm Imarah fighting in front of me.”

Nusaybah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ showed great strength, perseverance and courage.

The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم showed great pleasure on seeing her determination and valour.

On seeing this Nusaybah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ earnestly requested RasulAllaah صلى الله عليه وسلم to beseech Allah most High to make her family his companions in the Paradise.'

RasulAllah صلى الله عليه وسلم said “O Allah make her family my companions in Jannah”

This was the desire of Umm Imarah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ after which she said that she did not care what afflicted her in this world.

In this battle she رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ was wounded thirteen times and one wound took one year to heal.

References:

Men & Women Around The Messenger

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 04:19:17 PM by mabdullah » Logged
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 04:18:46 PM »

All of this welcome for this old women?‏

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ said:

An old woman came to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم when he was in my house and the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said to her:

Who are you?

She said: I am Jaththaamah al-Muzaniyyah.

He صلى الله عليه وسلم said: Rather you are Hassaanah al-Muzaniyyah; how have you been since we last saw you?

She said: We are well, may my father and mother be sacrificed for you, O Messenger of Allah.

When she left I said: O Messenger of Allah, all of this welcome for this old woman?

He صلى الله عليه وسلم said: She used to visit us at the time of Khadeejah, and loyalty is part of faith.”

al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, 1/62;
classed as hasan by al-Albaani
in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah, no. 216

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 04:20:03 PM »

بسم الله الحمد لله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله وعلى آله وصحبه

What was it about Zahir?

Anas bin Malik رضي الله عنه narrated that:

أن رجلا من أهل البادية كان اسمه زاهر بن حزام أو حرام ، قال : وكان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم يحبه وكان دميما ، فأتاه النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم يوما وهو يبيع متاعه ، فاحتضنه من خلفه وهو لا يبصره ، فقال : أرسلني ! من هذا ؟ فالتفت فعرف النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ، فجعل لا يألو ما ألزق ظهره بصدر النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم حين عرفه ، وجعل النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول : من يشتري العبد ، فقال : يا رسول الله ! إذا والله تجدني كاسدا ، فقال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم : لكن عند الله لست بكاسد ، أو قال : لكن عند الله أنت غال

"There was a man from the people of the desert whose name was Zahir bin Hizam (or bin Haram). And he was loved by the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم - He was (also) not of a pleasant (facial) appearance. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم came to him one day, while he (Zahir) was selling his goods (in the market) and embraced him (from behind) so that he (Zahir) could not see who it was [nb. in another narration he صلى الله عليه وسلم placed his hands over his eyes to stop him from looking behind]. Zahir asked: 'Tell me, who is this?', he turned and found it was the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, so he continued to rub his back (and cling) onto the chest * (of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم). Upon this, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم (held him and) said (in jest to those around him): 'Who would like to buy a slave (from me)'? He (Zahir) said: 'O Messenger of Allaah, by Allaah you will find me to be a poor sell (i.e. I'll be of no value)'. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: 'But with Allaah you are not unsellable?' [in another narration 'But with Allaah you are valuable']."

[Al-Bayhaqi, 'Sunan al-Kubra', 10/248 [found in Musnad Ahmad, Musnad Abi Ya'la and Bazzar with slight variations] - graded as saheeh by Ibn Katheer in 'Al-Bidaayah', 6/48; Ibn Hajar in 'Al-Isaabah', 1/542; Al-Haythami in 'Majma az-Zawa'id', 9/371 (#15979) and al-Albani in 'Takhreej Mishkat al-Masabih', 4815 (see also 'Mukhtasar Shama'il', 204)]

* This gesture of rubbing his back with the body of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was due to the barakah he hoped to attain.

So what was it about Zahir رضي الله عنه that made him loved by Allaah and His Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم?

There is little known about him from the books of history and biographies... What is known is that he was a simple man from the desert, and whenever he came to Madinah, he would bring gifts for the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, and would be looked after by him صلى الله عليه وسلم. He also partook in some of the battles with the Muslims.

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم would say: إن زاهرا باديتنا ، و نحن حاضروه - "Zahir is our man of the desert, and we are his (i.e. his attendees in town)." [see 'Saheeh al-Jaami', 2087]

Posted by brother Abu Umayza
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 03:25:23 PM »

How will you be o' Suraaqah when you wear the bracelets of Kisra?

When the Quraysh realised that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم had left Mecca, they offered a hundred camels to anyone who handed him over, dead or alive. Suraaqah ibn Malik ibn Ju'sham was eager to get the reward offered for the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم

Ibn Shihaab said: ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Maalik al-Mudliji, who was the nephew of Suraaqah ibn Maalik ibn Ju'sham, told me that his father informed him that he heard Suraaqah ibn Ju'sham saying,

“While I was sitting in one of the gatherings of my tribe, Bani Mudlij, a man from them came to us and stood while we were sitting, and said, 'O Suraaqah! No doubt, I have just seen some people far away on the shore, and I think they are Muhammad and his companions.' " Suraaqah added, "I too realized that it must have been they. But I said 'No, it is not they, but you have seen so-and-so, and so-and-so whom we saw setting out.'

I stayed in the gathering for a while and then got up and left for my home. I ordered my slave-girl to get my horse which was behind a hillock, and keep it ready for me.

Then I took my spear and left by the back door of my house dragging the lower end of the spear on the ground and keeping it low. Then I reached my horse, mounted it and made it gallop.

When I approached them (i.e. Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and Abu Bakr رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ ), my horse stumbled and I fell down from it, Then I stood up, got hold of my quiver and took out the divining arrows and drew lots as to whether I should harm them (i.e. the Prophet and Abu Bakr رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ ) or not, and the lot which I disliked came out. But I remounted my horse and let it gallop, giving no importance to the divining arrows.

When I heard the recitation of the Qur’aan by the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم who was not looking around although Abu Bakr رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ kept doing that, suddenly the forelegs of my horse sank into the ground up to the knees, and I fell down from it. Then I rebuked it and it got up but it could hardly lift its forelegs from the ground, and when it stood up straight again, its forelegs caused dust to rise up in the sky like smoke. Then again I drew lots with the divining arrows, and the lot which I disliked, came out.
So I called to them to let them know they were safe. They stopped, and I remounted my horse and went to them.

When I saw how I had been hampered from harming them, it came to my mind that the Cause of the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم (i.e. Islam) would become victorious.

So I said to him, "Your people have assigned a reward equal to the bloodmoney for your capture." Then I told them all the plans the people of Makkah had made concerning them.

Then I offered them some journey food and goods but they refused to take anything and did not ask for anything, but the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "Do not tell others about us."

Then I requested him to write for me a guarantee of security. He ordered 'Aamir bin Fuhayrah to write it for me on a piece of animal skin."

Then the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said How will you be o' Suraaqah when you wear the bracelets of Kisra.

Nearly 20 years later when treasures of Kisra, including his bracelets and jewellery were placed in front of Umar رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ he asked where is Suraaqah?

Further reading:

al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah by Ibn Katheer, 4/168-205
ar-Raheeq-ul-Makhtum

mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 03:26:14 PM »

This was something that Allah سبحانه وتعالى provided you with

Al Hakeem Al Tirmidhi mentions in his book 'Nawadhurul Wusuul' that Abu Musa Al Ashaari رضي الله عنه , Abu Malik Al Ashaari رضي الله عنه and others, migrated and came to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم .

By the time they reached him, they had consumed and finished all their supplies, so they sent one of them to ask the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم to provide them with some provisions. So when the man reached the door of the messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم he heard him reading a verse which translates as:

وَمَا مِن دَآبَّةٍ۬ فِى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ إِلَّا عَلَى ٱللَّهِ رِزۡقُهَا وَيَعۡلَمُ مُسۡتَقَرَّهَا وَمُسۡتَوۡدَعَهَاۚ كُلٌّ۬ فِى ڪِتَـٰبٍ۬ مُّبِينٍ۬

"And there is no creature on earth but that upon Allah is its provision, and he knows its place of dwelling and place of storage, all is in a clear register"

(Hud: 6).

So the man thought to himself the tribe of Al Ashariyuun are not on a lower level than these creatures, meaning the animals. Therefore, he went back to his companions without going in to the presence of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم .

He said to his companions: "Glad tidings, great supplies and rescue has come to you". They thought that he had spoken to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and that he had been promised provisions.

While they were talking two men entered bringing a big bowl of milk. So after they finished drinking they said to each other: "If we would send this to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم so he can have some of it and satisfy his hunger".

So they said addressing the two men: "Take this food to the messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم for we have taken what we needed of it".

Then they went to the messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم and they said: "O Messenger of Allah we have never seen food tastier nor greater in amount than the food that you sent.

He صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "I did not send any food to you"

So they informed him of what happened - that they sent him one of their companions, so the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم questioned the man and the man told the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم what he has done.

So the messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم said: " This was something that Allah سبحانه وتعالى provided you with".

رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡہُمۡ وَرَضُواْ عَنۡهُ
Allâh pleased with them, and they with Him

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 03:26:48 PM »

I ask you in the name of Allah, nothing made you sit here except that?

Muaawiyah رضي الله عنه said that the messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم came out upon a circle of his companions and said: “What made you all sit here?

They said: We sat to remember Allah سبحانه وتعالى and to praise Him for His guiding us to Islam and the favor He showed upon us through that.

He صلى الله عليه وسلم said: I ask you in the name of Allah, nothing made you sit here except that?

They said: Nothing except that.

He صلى الله عليه وسلم then said: As far as my questioning you and asking you in the name of Allah, then I did not do that out of contempt of you,

But Jibreel عليه السلام had come to me and informed me that Allah سبحانه وتعالى boasts of you to the angels.

Sahih Muslim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 03:27:37 PM »

I am the sister of your Companion (the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم )

When the tribe of Hawaazin and Bnu Sa'd were defeated, besides thousands of camels and sheep, a large number the people of tribes were also captured.

Among them was an old and weak lady who started telling the man who took her captive, "I am the sister of your Companion (the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم)"

When they presented her to the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم she said to him: "O Muhammad! I am your sister"
The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم asked how do we know that you are what you say you are, she said I still have your bite marks on my back. (she used to carry the prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم as child on her back and play with him) .

She was Huthaafah bint Al-Haarith, known as Ash-Shaymaa' رضي الله عنه

She was the sister of the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم by suckling, as they both suckled from (her blood mother) Haleemah As-Sa'diyyah, may Allah be pleased with her.

He صلى الله عليه و سلم recognised and welcomed her and spread his garment for her to sit on.

He صلى الله عليه و سلم said to her, as his eyes shed tears: "If you chose to go back to your tribe, I will send, and if you chose to stay with us, then you will live honoured, loved and respected amongst us"

She replied: "I prefer to go back" then she embraced Islam, and the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم gifted her a camel, a two servants (a male and a female) to show her respect and honour.

As a child she رضي الله عنه used to play with the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم and sing saying:

O our Lord keep Muhammad for us … till I see him grown up and prosperous

Then I see him becoming a leading master … and suppress his enemy and envier

And grant him an everlasting might and valour

Abu 'Urwah Al-Azdi used to chant these verses of poetry and say: " Allaah سبحانه وتعالى Has responded to her supplication in the best manner"

She رضي الله عنه was a devout worshipper and was famous as a poet who supported and defended Islam and the Messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم, with her poetry, and she remained as such until she died

Further reading: Seerah Ibn Hishaam

".....so what is for me?”

A Bedouin man (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ) came to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) and said “O
Messenger of Allah, teach me good”

So the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took him by the hand, and said, “Say ‘SubhanAllah, walhamdulillah, wa la ilaha illa Allah, wa Allahu akbar’.”

سُبْحَانَ اللهِ، والحَمْدُ للهِ، ولَا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللهُ واللهُ أَكْبَرُ

So the Bedouin counted them on his fingers and then left, either to contemplate over the words or to memorize them, then he returned.

When the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) saw him, he smiled.

The Bedouin(رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ), who was a simple man, asked;

“SubhanAllah, walhamdulillah, wa la ilaha ila allah, wa Allahu Akbar- these are all for Allah, so what is for me?”

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم), still smiling, said

,"O bedouin, when you say, 'Subhanallah', Allah says, 'You have spoken the truth',

when you say, 'Alhamdulillah', Allah says, 'You have spoken the truth',

when you say, 'La ilaha illa Allah', Allah says, 'You have spoken the truth',

when you say, 'Allahu Akbar', Allah says, 'You have spoken the truth'.

If you say للَّهُمَّ اغْفِرِ لِي، ‘O Allah forgive me’ , He says ‘I have done so’.

If you say وارْحَمْنِي ‘O Allah have mercy on me, He says ‘I have done so’.

If you say وارْزُقْنِي ‘O Allah, give me rizq (provision), He says ‘I have done so’.”

سُبْحَانَ اللهِ، والحَمْدُ للهِ، ولَا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللهُ واللهُ أَكْبَرُ

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرِ لِي، وارْحَمْنِي، وارْزُقْنِي

Dua can be found ( with some variation) in the HisnulMuslim

Narrated by Anas ibn Malik (رَّضِىَ ٱللَّهُ عَنۡهُ)

Reported by ibn Abi Ad-Dunya and Al-Bayhaqi, and has been classed as Saheeh by Al-Albani

Al-Bayhaqi may Allaah have mercy upon him presented this Hadeeth in his book Shuʻab Al-Eemaan, and Al-Albaani may Allaah have mercy upon him declared it to be Saheeh (sound) in his books As-Silsilah As-Saheehah and Saheeh At-Targheeb wa At-Tarheeb.

Al-Maqdisi may Allaah have mercy upon him also presented it in his book Al-Mustakhraj min Al-Ahaadeeth Al-Mukhtaarah mimma lam Yukhrijahu Al-Bukhaari wa Muslim fi Saheehayhima, also known as Al-Ahaadeeth Al-Mukhtaarah. This may also support the authenticity of the Hadeeth.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:07:27 PM by mabdullah » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: