Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "THASBEEH"  (Read 4332 times)
ramiz

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2009, 02:03:16 AM »

What is their in sunnah regarding the prayer of thasbeeh?Please explaining
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 04:19:07 AM »

salam 3alaykum

brother, do u mean saying tasbee7 after the prayers??? pls clarify your question, for us to be able to find exactly what u need, in sha' ALLAH

fee aman ALLAH

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)
Administrator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 06:35:51 AM »

Assalamu'alaikum sister

I think perhaps the brother may mean salat ul tasbih. What do you think?

Allah bless you
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 11:22:24 AM »

wa `alaykum as-salam wa ra7mat ALLAH wa barakatuh

Bismillahir-Ra7manir-Ra7eem

Ok, al 7amdulillah, finally i found it. The problem is i haven't heard about the prayer of tasbeeh before. so jazakum ALLAH khairan for posting the question n explaining.

I found about it only on islamweb.  Here's what they said:

1. Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

We are not aware of any Hadith proving that the Prophet ever performed the Tasbeeh prayer. There is only one Hadith which establishes this prayer.

The Muhaddiths (experts of the Hadith) have different opinions concerning the authenticity of the Hadith of Tasbeeh prayer. However, some of them grade it as Sahih (sound) such as Imams al-Hakim, Ibn Abu Dawood, Ibn Hajar and others. Imam al-Albani also grades it as sound. The text of the Hadith is as follows:

Ibn Abbas reports from the Prophet that The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) said to al-Abbas Ibn Abdul Muttalib: "Abbas, my uncle, shall I not give you, shall I not present to you, shall I not donate to you, shall I not produce for you ten things? If you act upon them, Allah will forgive you your sins, first and last, old and new, involuntary and voluntary, small and great, secret and open. These are the ten things: you should pray four Rak'ahs, reciting in each one Fatihat al-Kitab and a Surah. When you finish the recitation of the first Rak'ah you should say fifteen times while standing: "Subhanallah wal-Hamdulillah wa la Ilaha Illa Allah" (Glory be to Allah, Praise be to Allah, There is no god but Allah, Allah is most great). Then you should bow and say it ten times while bowing. Then you should raise your head after bowing and say it ten times. Then you should kneel down in prostration and say it ten times while prostrating yourself. Then you should raise your head after prostration and say it ten times. Then you should prostrate yourself and say it ten times. Then you should raise your head after prostrating and say it ten times in every Rak'ah. You should do that in four Rak'ah. If you can observe it once daily, do so; if not, then once weekly; if not, then once a month; if not, then once a year; if not, then once in your lifetime".

Allah knows best.

2. Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Muslim scholars are of two opinions about the ruling of Tasbeeh prayer.

First: It is desirable.
Second: It is not permissible.

The reason for this disagreement is their differences regarding the authenticity of a Hadith in this matter.
The majority of the known scholars of Hadith believe that the Hadith is sound. So, they are of the opinion that offering Tasbeeh prayer is desirable. Those scholars who hold this opinion are al-Daru Qutni, al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi, Abu Musa al-Madani - these scholars also wrote a booklet in this subject - Abu Bakr Bin Abu Dawood, al-Hakim, al-Syooti, al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar, al-Albani and others.

On the other hand, those who believe that the above Hadith is weak or fabricated issue a decree that Tasbeeh prayer should not be performed. Ibn al-Jawzi, Sirajuddin al-Qazweeni, Sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, Imam Ahmad and others are among those scholars who hold the later opinion.

Hafiz Ibn Hajar narrated that Imam Ahmad changed his opinion concerning the weakness of this Hadith. Ali Bin Sayeed al-Nasaee said: 'I asked Imam Ahmad about the prayer of Tasbeeh. He said: 'I do not have any authentic Hadith in this concern'. Then Ali narrated the Hadith from al-Mustamir Ibn al-Rayyan from Abi al-Jawza from Abudllah Ibn Amar. Imam Ahmad asked who narrated to you? Ali said: Muslim Bin Ibrahim. He said: al-Mustamir (a narrator of this Hadith) is trustworthy'. It seems that Imam Ahmad was pleased with of this Hadith. This narration proves that he changed his opinion and inclined to its desirability.

Finally, the preponderant opinion is that this Hadith through many chains reaches the degree of authenticity. Therefore, offering Tasbeeh prayer is Sunnah.

ALLAH knows best.

this is all i could find regarding salat-ul-tasbeeh. If i ever come across sth else, in sha' ALLAH will paste.

Barak ALLAH feekum

fee aman ALLAH

ref.: http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?lang=E&Id=83877&Option=FatwaId
        http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?lang=E&Id=83600&Option=FatwaId

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: