Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: what is the ground source of growing a beard?  (Read 4288 times)
wmt.winmay

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2014, 09:18:05 PM »

Asslamualaikum

When ever I come across a discussion with non Muslims, I always explain about the prohibitions in Islam followed by meaningful reasons like how an animal must be killed and why, how a widow must remain for total 3 month time before considering another life partner and why and so on. The other day one non Muslim asked me why is beard sacred for Muslim so I just answered as it was what our Prophet SAW's did. So she continued as there must be a reason for Him and what was that?
Please help me answer her question as I am not aware of that point.

Allah Hafiz
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:23:26 AM »

Walaikum Aslam w Rahmatullah

Firstly most important thing is to call non-muslims to Tawheed First

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said to Muadth bin Jabal (radi Allahu anhu) “You are going to a people from the People of the Book. Let the first thing that you call them to be the worship of Allah. If they acknowledge Allah, then inform them that Allah has obligated upon them five prayers during their days and nights.”

[Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Commentary:

In the above Hadith the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) instructed Muadth bin Jabal (radi Allahu anhu) to call the people of Yemen to Tawheed (i.e. the worship of Allah alone) first and foremost and then when they accept and acknowledge then call them to that which is next in order of importance which is the five daily prayers etc.

Tawheed is the first thing that a Muslim should learn and then Call to, as Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):  “So know that there is no God except Allah, and ask forgiveness for your sin and for the believing men and the believing women” [Surah Muhammad, 47:19]

Secondly you can search Isalm QA web site for detailed answers about reasons why beard is obligatory.

Aslam ualaikum

Aslamualaikum

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: