Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What dua to read for a deceased person  (Read 6355 times)
Nazleen

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2013, 03:57:35 AM »

I lost my darling dad  Cry 2 months ago approx. I am going through a lot of depression without him. I don't know how to live without him and how to deal with this situation.
Relatives and friends are very supportive. I miss my dad every second of everyday.  Sad.
Everyday i cry  Cry Cry :'(a lot.
Is there any special dua to read for him.
Pls help.
thank you.
mabdullah
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:25:27 AM »

Inna Lillaah wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'oon.

We ask Allah to grant the deceased the Jannah alfirdaws and and give you and rest of  family patience with your loss.

According to the saheeh ahaadeeth, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained the things that will benefit the Muslim after he dies.

He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When a man dies, all his good deeds come to a halt, apart from three: ongoing charity (sadaqah jaariyah); beneficial knowledge; or a righteous child who will pray for him.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh).

A man asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “O Messenger of Allaah, is there anything that I can do to continue honouring my parents after they die?” He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Yes: pray for them, ask for forgiveness for them, fulfil their last wishes (wasiyah or will), honour their friends and uphold the ties of kinship which you would not have were it not for them.” The last wishes (wasiyah or will) expressed by the person before he or she died should be fulfilled so long as they are in accordance with sharee’ah.

Other ways of honouring one’s parents is to give in charity on their behalf, to make du’aa’ for them and to perform Hajj and ‘Umrah on their behalf. And Allaah is the Source of strength.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:32:23 AM by mabdullah » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: