Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ink on hands  (Read 4642 times)
happymuslimah

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »

salam alaikum,
i would like to know if having pen ink  on skin prevents someones wudu from being complete
what should i do if i cnt take it off quick enough, so i dnt miss my salah?
jzk

"O Allah! you are the turner of the hearts so fix my heart upon your religion" Muslim 4/2045
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 07:34:33 AM »

wa `alaykum as-salam wa ra7mat ALLAH wabarakatuh

Bismillahir-Ra7manir-Ra7eem

sister, here's the answer to a similar question of yours:

1 All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.

If the ink is just a colour that does not prevent water from reaching the skin –and this is what we predominantly think –then the ablution is valid and it is not legislated to repeat the prayer again. However, if the ink is a solid matter that can be removed, then it prevents the water from reaching the skin; in which case, the ablution is not valid and you are obliged to repeat the prayer again in the two cases you mentioned in the question. However, what should be taken into account is the prevention of water from reaching the skin; in case it (the ink) does not prevent the water from reaching the skin, the ablution is valid, and if it prevents the water from reaching the skin, then the ablution is not valid and the prayer with such ablution is void.

2.  Praise be to ALLAH.

The guideline concerning that is that whatever prevents water from reaching the skin means that wudoo’ is not valid, and whatever does not prevent water from reaching the skin means that wudoo’ is valid.

Based on this, wudoo’ is valid if there is ink on any part of the body that is washed in wudoo’, because it does not prevent water reaching the skin. 

1 ref.: http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?lang=E&Id=120579&Option=FatwaId
2 ref.: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/69817/ink

and ALLAH knows best

fee aman ALLAH

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: