Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: what is the Fitra this time in riyadh saudi arabia  (Read 16386 times)
Mismail

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2009, 06:25:38 AM »

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.  (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

Dear all,
Iam working in saudi arabia.
Can any body have information regarding fitra…..
Can you tell me what is the Fitra this time in riyadh saudi arabia & can I send & give this fitra amount in india before saudi id…

Please give reply…

jazzak Allah Khair

Thanks
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:19:57 AM »

wa `alaykum as-salam wa ra7mat ALLAH wa barakatuh

Bismillahir-Ra7manir-Ra7eem

Brother, after some research on your question in islamweb and islam-qa, here's what i can paste for you:

1.  Praise be to Allaah. 

It was narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined zakaat al-fitr upon the Muslims at a rate of one saa’ of dates or one saa’ of barley, and he commanded that it should be given before the people went out to pray – i.e., the Eid prayers. In al-Saheehayn it is narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “At the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) we used to give it at a rate of one saa’ of food, or one saa’ of dates, or one saa’ of barley, or one saa’ of cheese, or one saa’ of raisins…” A number of scholars interpreted the word ta’aam (food) in this hadeeth as referring to wheat, and others explained it as referring to the staple food of the local people, no matter what it is, whether it is wheat, corn or something else. This is the correct view, because the zakaah is a kind of help given by the rich to the poor, and the Muslim should not offer help with anything other than the staple food of his country. What must be given is a saa’ of all kinds of food, which is four times the amount scooped up with two hands, which is approximately three kilograms (~2.25 kg). If the Muslim gives a saa’ of rice or some other staple food of his country, that is fine.

It first becomes due on the night of the twenty-eighth of Ramadaan, because the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to give it one or two days before Eid, and the month lasts twenty-nine or thirty days.

The latest it may be given is at the Eid prayer, but it is not permissible to delay it until after the prayer, because of the report narrated by Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever gives it before the prayer, it is accepted zakaah, and whoever gives it after the prayer, it is a kind of charity.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).

It is not permissible to pay the value in money, according to the majority of scholars, and the evidence for this view is more sound. Rather it should be given in the form of food, as was done by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) and the majority of the ummah. We ask Allaah to help us and all the Muslims to understand His religion and adhere steadfastly to it. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him). Majallat al-Buhooth al-Islamiyyah, issue no. 17, pp. 79-80.

Note, concerning giving in form of food, in islamweb it was mentioned that:

6. It is permissible for the institutions that collect Zakaatul-Fitr to exchange it from goods to currency, and vice versa, based on the general interest of the community.  (which means you can give them in form of cash and they will exchange it for goods and distribute among the needy. ALLAH knows best)

As well mentioned in a fatwa on islam-qa answering the question:

Is it permissible for a charitable organization to accept money for zakaat al-fitr at the beginning of Ramadaan, so that they can put it to the best possible use?

Praise be to Allaah.

If there are no poor people in the area, or those who will take it do not really need it and will not eat it, but will instead sell it at half price, and it is difficult to find poor and needy people who will eat it, then it is permissible to send it outside the country. It is permissible to give the price (of zakaat al-fitr) at the beginning of the month to an agent who will buy (zakaat al-fitr) and deliver it to deserving people at the time when it should be paid, which is the night before Eid or two days before that. And Allaah knows best.

Al-Fataawa al-Jibreeniyyah fi’l-A’maal al-Da’wiyyah li Fadeelat al-Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Jibreen, p. 33

2. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked:
What is the ruling on sending zakaat al-fitr to distant countries on the grounds that there are many poor people there?

He replied:

There is nothing wrong with sending zakaat al-fitr to another country on the grounds that there are no poor people in one's own country. But if that is done even though there are poor people who need it in one's own country, then it is not permissible.

End quote. Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 18/question no. 102

There follows a fatwa from the scholars of the Standing Committee which deals with these matters and more:

The amount of zakaat al-fitr is one saa’ of dates, barley, raisins, dried yogurt or other foodstuff, and it should be given on the night before Eid, until before the Eid prayer. It is also permissible to give it two or three days in advance. It should be given to the poor Muslims in the land where it is given, but it is permissible to send it to the poor in another land if the need is greater. It is permissible for the imam of the mosque and other trustworthy people to collect it and distribute it to the poor, so long as they make sure it reaches them before the Eid prayer. It is not connected to inflation, rather the amount is set in sharee’ah as one saa’. Whoever does not have anything but food for the day of Eid for himself and for those on whom he is obliged to spend, does not have to give zakaat al-fitr. It is not permissible to use it for building mosques or other charitable projects.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 9/369, 370.

As well answering the following question which might be like your question, brother:

Is it permissible to give zakaah to another country, such as Palestine, when there are poor people in my country?

Praise be to Allaah. 

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 10/9:

Zakaah should be given to those whom Allaah has said it is for, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As-Sadaqaat (here it means Zakaah) are only for the Fuqaraa’ (poor), and Al-Masaakeen (the poor) and those employed to collect (the funds); and to attract the hearts of those who have been inclined (towards Islam); and to free the captives; and for those in debt; and for Allaah’s Cause (i.e. for Mujaahidoon — those fighting in a holy battle), and for the wayfarer (a traveller who is cut off from everything); a duty imposed by Allaah. And Allaah is All-Knower, All-Wise”

[al-Tawbah 9:60]

It should only be given to those who are obviously Muslims, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Mu’aadh ibn Jabal when he sent him to Yemen: “Tell them that Allaah has enjoined upon them charity [i.e. zakaah], to be taken from their rich and given to their poor.” The more pious and righteous the poor and needy to whom it is given are, the more deserving they are than others. 

The basic principle with regard to zakaah is that it should be given to the poor in the land where the wealth is, because of the hadeeth mentioned above. But if there is a need to transfer it elsewhere, such as the poor in the land to which it is transferred being in greater need, or because the giver has relatives who are poor, etc, then it is permissible to transfer it.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

ref. 1.: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/22888
       2.: http://english.islamweb.net/ver2/engblue/article.php?lang=E&id=135771
       3.: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10526/zakaat
       4.: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/66293/zakaat
       5.: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/43146

ALLAH 7afiz

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: