Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Using different fonts and color on the main Hadiths text.  (Read 5349 times)
mansur

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2009, 11:04:20 PM »

Assalam Alaikum Brother,

May Allah (SWA) reward you for the good work.

Like i suggested in the previous feedback i sent to you. I feel if the email content is reduced it will be read faster and easier by many busy Muslims. The heading should not be repeated in the email content since its already been used as the 'subject. Another thing is to remove the salutations part and leave the Hadiths content alone. As Muslims we are used to saying 'Bismillah' whenever we are to perform any act. And for the 'salam' its compulsory to answer it when read, but many atimes we only read it and move to read the Hadith without answering. so in order to avoid that it can be remove or use as the 'email subject'.

However, if that is not possible you can simple use a different 'Font' and/or 'Font Color' on the main Hadith content so that the reader can easily glanced at it, read it and make salam.

I hope this will help.

Mansur   
Administrator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 05:03:23 AM »

Wa'alaikum assalam wr wb brother Mansur

Welcome to the forum!

JazakAllah khair for the comments.

I would like to see what other people feel insha'Allah, here are the options:

1. Remove salam and bismillah from the body of the hadith emails
2. Keep the salam and bismillah but use a different colour
3. Leave it as it is

If people feel that they would like to shorten the e-mails, I think option 1 would be best.

Could members please post their responses in this thread so we can get an idea of the global opinion and then make the changes necessary.

Brother Mansur if you have other excellent suggestions please don't hesitate insha'Allah

Barak Allahu feekum
UmmOmar
Global Moderator

And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 01:21:18 AM »

as-salam 3alaykom wa ra7mat ALLAH wa barakatuh

Please i'd ask u NOT to remove either salam or bismillah for as the Prophet (salla ALLAHU 3alayhi wa salam)  said: “The better amongst the two is the one who starts greeting the other with Salaam.”  When i receive ur mails (jazakum ALLAH khairan for that) i don't reply at each ur mail, but i always reply salam back in my mind intending it for u as a reply. If u remove it from the mails imagine how many Ra7mat ALLAH wa Barakatuh u'll lose intended for u. So i think it's not right to ask u to do it. As it was mentioned in a fatwa about replying to a salam for a group if ppl:
Imaam An-Nawawi said: 'It is an obligation to respond to the greeting of someone by the consensus of the scholars. If the Salaam was said to one single person, then it is an individual obligation on him to respond, but if it was said to a group, then it is a communal obligation. If one of them responds, that is sufficient and the communal obligation is met. If all of them respond, then all of them have fulfilled the obligation either by responding all at once or one by one. However, if no one responds to the greeting, all of them will be sinful. If a person who is not in the congregation and who is not meant by the greeting responds, the obligation is still not lifted from the group.
So for those Muslims who are busy to reply, pls don't worry for some other ppl from the community sent the mails will reply on ur behalf (even if it's in mind). When we hear on TV i.e. reporters or scholars greeting us with Salam we don't call them back to the studio and reply wa 3alaykom as-salam, right?? the same is here and ALLAH knows best.

As for Bismillah, we, Muslims start all our lectures or documents with BIsmillah, it's 1 word but very important, i don't think it takes a lot of time to read it. And of course Al7amdulillah and as -salat wa as-salam 3ala rasoul ALLAH should never be cut.
96. So glorify with praises the Name of your Lord, the Most Great.   (Qur'an, surah al Waqi3a, v.96)

Allâh sends His Salât (Graces, Honours, Blessings, Mercy, etc.) on the Prophet (Muhammad SAW) and also His angels too (ask Allâh to bless and forgive him). O you who believe! Send your Salât on (ask Allâh to bless) him (Muhammad SAW), and (you should) greet (salute) him with the Islâmic way of greeting (salutation i.e. As­Salâmu 'Alaikum).   (Qur'an , surah al Ahzab, v.56)

and the last think i want to ask, pls don't complicate the religion, for it's easy and logic and there are a lot of new reverts reading here. They should know that Islam is a beutiful and easy religion.
Jazakum ALLAH khairan for ur effots and fee aman ALLAH

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. Qur'an (2:186)
zaree

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 12:44:05 PM »

Assalaam Alikum Wr Wb,

Insha'Allaah i would say to please leave the Salam And bismillah but use different font or colour. but please dont remove it. I also respect and understand brother Mansur's point and i do agree with him but insha'Allaah by using a different font or colour it will be easy to read both the salutation and the hadiths insha'Allaah.

Jazzakum Allahu Khairan

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: